Monday, June 27, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well, boys and girls, I got what I wanted out of Atkins -- a jump-start.  But for my long-term weight loss, this lady is back with Weight Watchers as of today.

The biggest impetus behind this move?  I MISS FRUIT!  I can't handle not having fruit anymore.  So today I bought 2 lbs of grapes, some oranges, and a container of strawberries.  Somehow I forgot the bananas, but I will remedy that problem later this week.

The second biggest impetus? I just wasn't being as strict as I should've been with Atkins, having random off days here and there.  That's something you can't do that with Atkins, since it takes a while until ketosis kicks in ... and when you're throwing in carbs once or twice a week, you're really just maintaining at best.

So I thought about it long and hard (that's what she said) and came to the conclusion yesterday that WW is the way to go for now.  It is obviously healthier overall, and certainly a more realistic way of life than any other plan out there.  So off we go! I can eat whatever the hell I want -- just less of it ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you...WW is next for me too. I did no carbs but got to the point of just waiting everything no carb and found I couldn't control the calorie intake. Good luck and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My portions were definitely getting out of control with Atkins, too. WW offers me the structure I need right now. Good luck to you, too, and thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete