Friday, June 3, 2011

Neglectful Blogger :P

This is what happens when one is planning vacations -- the blog falls by the wayside.  The diet (mostly) has not, but I haven't had the inspiration to blog this week.

Last weekend, thanks to a lot of driving, I attended 2 barbecues on the same day.  It was wonderful, but a lonnnng day.  So on Sunday, bf and I relaxed.  And on Monday, we did more of the same -- complete with a little low carb-friendly brunch... well... except for the champagne. 

We have determined, after having our first bottle of Taittinger, that it will be added to our regular champagne rotation. 

My Top 3 (so far):
1. Moet & Chandon Imperial (formerly known as White Star)
2. Pol Roger
3. Taittinger

I have also had Dom Perignon, Perrier Jouet, and Veuve Clicquot, and some that are technically sparkling wines, since they are not from the Champagne region of France, including J.  So far, Dom is my least favorite.  Perhaps a different year than what I tasted would be better, but ... as my bf often says, I'd rather buy 3 or 4 bottles of White Star than one bottle of Dom. 


But I digress...

I skipped my weigh in this week because of the joy of being a girl, and I didn't want to get frustrated at an uncontrollable, temporary gain.

Thursday, we're headed up to Montreal for the Formula 1 ("Formula Un!") race.  I will be allowing more carbs then, but once we're home, it's right back on.  Gotta get ready for DISNEY! A little less than 5 months and we'll be in my favorite place in the world  :)  Definitely no kind of dieting going on there!  But of course. you tend to walk about 5 - 10 miles a day at Disney, so the calories should be a wash.

This is the most rambling and disconnected post.  I just wanted to check in.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments: